Friday, September 11, 2009

Phoenix rises, Furniture updates and Musicians from the 80's

...The Dirty Bird rises from the ashes to clutch me in it's claws!



Yep, I've got a job at Red Robin starting next week. I never thought I'd say it but... I'm glad to be working at the dirty bird. Ok, I'm not there yet (I start training on Tuesday). But I've got a job! I will be making money next week rather than just spending it. And I'll have a flexible enough schedule to focus on teaching, building community, and volunteering (all things I'd like to do here in Houston).

And no, I'm not done with the furniture making yet --
I got sidetracked with job hunting and work at Grandmom's house. However, I have done some work on it and as a reward for your patience I'll post a few pictures tonight or tomorrow of my plan and the work I've done so far.

As a final note: David's post yesterday ended with a wonderful blessing/prayer from the book of Numbers and it reminded me of a musician I really like. His name is John Michael Talbot.  If you haven't heard of him he is American Roman Catholic singer-guitarist and I listened to him with my dad when I was a kid, but apparently he's still creating music -- he has a myspace page and a website. I love his guitar and musical style and after reading David's blog post I really wanted to post the song where he sings the prayer from Numbers...but I couldn't find it. I found one of my favorite songs of his called "One Faith" and posted it below (thanks to Last.fm) It's actually a song he did with Michael Card, who is another great ballad singer. Click on the play button and then wait, it takes a second or two to start.




Keep looking for the photos of my furniture...I hope to be done with it by the end of next week!

:::EDIT::: Friday, Sept 11, 2009 at 4:09pm: I found it. It's not sung by John Michael Talbot. It's sung by Michael Card. Here is the blessing/prayer from Numbers that started all this.


1 comment:

  1. you really love me! i can't believe you're back at the dirty bird, but i'm glad you are! :o)

    ReplyDelete