Thursday, October 29, 2009

Writing about not having anything to write about...and other things

So my last post where I wrote about anything worth writing about was over two weeks ago.  You'd think that in this self-obsessed day and age I'd be able to think of something about my self or my life that I figured was worth writing about.  And I did.  But then I got back home and thought to myself, I don't really have anything to say.  The blog should be witty and clever and thoughtful and God-honoring and...list a bunch of other cool adjectives here.  And so now I should talk about how people, especially of our generation, are self-absorbed and focus on themselves all the time.  Or something like that.  But the reality is that I'm bored.  I'm actually waiting to go pick David up from the airport and his plane has been delayed until midnight thanks to the cool front that moved through Houston and brought a lot of rain and wind with it.  So I thought, "now's a good time to write something in your blog."

Now that you've been warned what kind of post this is: read on at your own risk.

The other reality is that there are about 7 people that read this blog other than me, and they are all friends and family of mine (Hi Mom!).  So really it doesn't matter if this blog is hip or cool.  It's basically just my journal.  And you happen to be reading it.

Alright, contrary to the evidence presented in this blog I have been doing some interesting things and I'll try to catch you up:

First in chronological order is the fact that we lost our cat.  That was Sunday night on the 11th, right before I posted about finishing my cardboard chair.  I spent my free time that week either looking for her, posting flyers about her, or updating my resume and cover letter to start looking for assistant or substitute teaching jobs again.

Jump forward to the next weekend (life happened in between of course...work, Shwey searching, etc).  Melissa had found out about something called Free Night at the Theatre.  We managed to score tickets to a one man performance of Hamlet and Jeremy and Amanda (Jeranda? Amandremy? ...I'm asking for Jeremy's sake) came with us.  Melissa went all out and made some amazing lasagna for us for dinner beforehand.   The performance was intense, and the actor was impressive.  He managed to convey so many emotions, delivering so many lines spot on (at least, in my uneducated opinion) and must have been completely worn out after being so physically and emotionally active for 2 straight hours.  We think that he only forgot his lines once, and he recovered in such a way that it could have been an intentional part of the scene, so we're not actually sure (Jeremy would say he is sure).

Tuesday night (Oct. 20th) Mom and Dad took Melissa and I out to Cheesecake Factory as a belated birthday gift.  It's a bit of a tradition for them to take us out to eat on our birthdays.  I think it started because it was one of the few ways to have guaranteed one-on-one time with them without being interrupted by life and the immediate crisis of one of the other 8 siblings.

...oops, it's 11:40.  Time to go pick up David from the airport.  Yeah, it's awesome.  He's coming down to hang out with us over the weekend.  So I guess I'll have to catch up to the present in another post.

Peace.

5 comments:

  1. Jermanda... or Amandermy

    He forgot his lines several times... but it was nevertheless very impressive... and he always stayed in character and recovered well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Shwey. I'm convinced that she was just using us to get to America. And then when she got here she realized that she actually did like being with us, so she stayed for a while...but alas, in the end the call of the wild American frontier was too strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed at the "Hi, Mom", because of course, I am reading this...but as you see, so are some others. Luv ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete