Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

To everyone who is checking blogs and doing stuff on the internet today I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!


Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year.  It all centers around giving thanks for what you have, family, and a communal meal.  I love my big, weird family and can't give thanks enough for the privilege of being able to spend Thanksgiving Day with my wife, mom, dad, brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts, ancles, grandparents, nieces and extended family.  I only wish Melissa's family and my family could be in the same place so that we could celebrate together. 


I'll leave you with the words of thanks which I really like and are attributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson (but I can't find anywhere that helps me cite where this prayer is from):

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food,
For love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad we got to spend Thanksgiving with you three this year!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete